Friday, May 27, 2011

My Yummy Molo Soup

A reposted article of mine from my triond account. 

An oriental dish that will for sure everybody will love to eat especially during rainy or cool seasons.
Warning! This is not your typical Molo Soup at all. I adjusted it according to my own taste and preference. But however it is, I know you’ll love it!

I cooked this soup just because I was craving for it. The last time I’ve eaten this soup was like about 10 years ago and it was cooked by my mom. So that’s why I really wanted to eat once again even if it’s already summer. So glad that even if it’s been ten years I was still able to get the same exact rich taste as what my mom has cooked before and I was so glad too that my husband loves it and he even asked me to cook the same thing for tomorrow. Hahaha
Here’s what you need for the filling:
¼ kl of ground pork
¼ kl of shrimps chopped
1 pc turnips (singkamas)
2 tbsp chopped onion chives
2 tbsp soy sauce

1 tsp oyster sauce
1 egg
3 dashes of sesame oil
Salt and pepper
Molo wrapper
1. Combine all ingredients of the filling.
2. Wrap into the wanton/molo wrapper. 
3. Add a teaspoon of the filling mixture at one of the corners of the triangle shaped wrapper then close by rolling and joining the tips. Make sure to press the two free ends firmly together with water.
Here’s what you need for cooking the broth:
1 tbsp olive oil
2 heads of garlic (you can decrease the amount of this if u want, we just love garlic) please leave some for garnishing
1 medium onion
½ kilo shrimps (shelled)
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1 chicken or shrimp cube
1 breast of boiled chicken (flaked)
6 tbsp onion chives (for garnishing)
1 thin roll of Misua(Mee Sua, thin Chinese Noodle )


Now cook with me:
1. Saute garlic in olive oil until brown. Set aside half of the toasted garlic for garnishing.
2. Then add onions.
3. Place shrimps and season with salt and pepper.
4. Pour in chicken broth and chicken flakes and bring to a boil.
5. Drop in the stuffed wanton wrappers and boil for 10 minutes.
6. Add Misua noodles and boil for another 2 minutes.
7. Serve in soup bowls and sprinkle it with green onions and toasted garlic.
Enjoy this hearty soup that supposed to serve for 12 people but in my case just the two us love birds and a family of 3 (our next door neighbor).

No comments:

Post a Comment