Saturday, June 18, 2011

Pako Salad (Fiddlehead Ferns)


As I walk going to church one Friday morning, I happen to pass by the new wet market in Angeles City. It's my second time to pass by that market and I was so overwhelmed with the veggies and fishes. And one thing that catch my attention was the pako (fiddlehead ferns) I used to buy from my neighbors morning store it's like a little market inside our subdivision that only sells fresh stuff only in the morning. Since they closed their store I wasn't able to make some salad for me and my hubby. That's why I suddenly thought of making this pako salad because we missed it that much.

This is just an easy recipe so there is no reason you can't do this at home.

1-2 bunch of pako (take the heads and set aside)
2 salted duck eggs (sliced or shredded)
1 medium purple onions (shallots) minced/diced whichever you prefer
2 tomatoes
3 tablespoons apple cider or vinegar
dash of salt
dash of pepper

Procedure:

1. Wash the pako well and keep it inside the fridge while mixing the other ingredients.
2. Mix the vinegar and onion with the dash of salt and pepper.
3. Mix the vinegrette with the chilled pako and top with sliced salted egg and sliced tomato.

Serve while it's chilled! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful recipe! Can't wait to try it!

    www.cuginicuisine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete